How Much Does it Cost to Whiten Your Teeth?
Certified, trained dentists who are conversant and capable of carrying out the cosmetic teeth whitening procedure are hard to come by. Look no further, for we offer teeth whitening services. Our active ingredient in the teeth whitening process is a diluted solution containing 35% of hydrogen peroxide.
The solution is applied to the teeth and exposed to a high-intensity light that speeds up the teeth whitening process. Our teams of specialists use state of the art laser treatments for teeth whitening that are accredited and safe. The majority of cosmetics and general dentists in the market carry out teeth whitening with a whitening gel, which is inefficient.
We, on the other hand, specialize in the utility of lasers in teeth whitening. Our dentist has the credentials and certifications to back up his credibility. Laser dental procedures cannot be carried out by general dentists.
For one to be allowed to perform the process, a license that permits the running of laser dental procedures is required. Permanent staining of the teeth can be difficult to fix. However, with advanced technology such as our waterlaser MD and waterlaser iPlus lasers, long-term stains can safely be removed.
Staining of teeth can be excruciatingly humiliating, causing low self-esteem and confidence. People affected by this problem are often unhappy and are emotionally overwhelmed. Serving our patients by giving them white teeth and giving them a reason to smile gives us the utmost satisfaction because the days of wallowing in pity are over, and their tears turn to those of joy.
Before carrying out the process on our patients, an analysis of the patient's dental records and life story is done to identify the best approach to solve the patient's problem since yellow, stained brown teeth have an origin story. As credited teeth whitening consultants, we indulge the patient in opening up about the state of their teeth and why they decided to take the step in seeking our services.
Most of the patients’ reasons for coming to see us are to reclaim their glory days when the best versions of themselves existed, and they were worry-free and confident in their appearance. The selection of whitening products requires scrutiny to ensure that the products safeguard the patients and keeping them away from harm's way. When selecting an approved whitening product, look out for a seal of acceptance from the American Dentist Association (ADA).
Teeth Whitening and Bleaching Services
Teeth whitening, commonly known as bleaching of teeth, is a procedure that is common for people. A whiter, brighter smile is beautiful and draws the attention of a stranger during your first encounter. People gain satisfaction in brushing their teeth twice in a day, flossing, and regular dental checkups, which is not enough in achieving a brighter smile.
Other dentist-approved alternative options that can grant you the smile you have always desired are compared and the best option selected for you.
Bleaching Vs. Whitening
Bleaching is a connotation used when referring to the whitening of teeth beyond their natural color using bleaching products such as Hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide, according to the Florida Dental Association. Whitening, on the other hand, is restoring the natural tooth color through the removal of stains and dirt and debris stuck in between the teeth. Products such as toothpaste are considered as whiteners.
The term whitening is, however, used alternatively to mean both procedures.
How Much Does it Cost to Whiten Your Teeth?
In 2019, the estimated value of a 2-3 hour in-office dental appointment was $450 -$650. Our dental office uses effective bleaching agents with a higher peroxide concentration than other whitening gels.
The in-office whitening services we offer: Zoom and Lumibrite, guarantee considerable color change with the aid of the laser light and high concentrated peroxide solution used sparingly. Your gums are protected from the peroxide and are not at risk of being damaged. The light activates the gel and prominently brightness teeth.
The whitening process gives a long term solution to discolored teeth. The peroxide is applied onto the teeth and left untouched in intervals of 15-20 minutes for an hour.
Out of Office Teeth Whitening
If the discoloration is intense, several follow up bleaching sessions are recommended, or a home whitening system can be prescribed. Long term whitening kits work best at home because of their easy to use mechanism. The gel application is aided by the customized bleaching trays resembling mouth guards.
The mouth guards have whiteners containing Carbamide peroxide in different proportions. The home whitening kits can be prescribed twice a day for a fortnight or used overnight for 1-2 weeks. You may probably be wondering how much does it cost to whiten your teeth with the take-home kit.
The subsidized price countrywide is $250-$400.
Basics in Teeth Whitening
- The process has undergone clinical trials, and the conclusive results clear the process to be safe. However, children under the age of 13 years, pregnant women, and lactating mothers shouldn't undergo teeth whitening.
- Teeth whitening uses the oxidation principle to remove the stains using the oxidizing gels, carbamide, and hydrogen peroxide. The energy from the laser light acts as a catalyst to the bleaching effect.
- The bleaching is not permanent. The results of the process last longer if you maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid smoking and taking dark-colored beverages.
Methods of Gel Bleaching
- High-concentration bleaching is also known as take-home whitening and is used for short time frames but yield positive results.
- Low concentration bleaching is a less effective method involving a mouthguard with low concentrations of an oxidizing gel that is used for a fortnight. The results are inconsistent, with results being either positive or negative.
The Downside of Teeth Whitening
- Teeth whitening greatly enhances the aesthetic appearance of teeth; however, there are certain stains such as Tetracycline that cannot be eradicated. The stain can only be removed through prolonged exposure to the gel.
- Whitening exaggerates the appearance of lesions found in teeth, which can be reversed by the other teeth being whitened to minimize the contrast.
- People with infected gums and tooth decay should not undergo the process.
- Not effective for teeth that were originally grey and may require the take-home kits.
- The bleaching gel does not work on the colored tooth feelings.
- The results of using a wide range of whitening products are not promised since they can yield little or no results.
The outcomes of the procedure are dependent on the condition the teeth were in.
Teeth Whitening Methods
The American Dental Association (ADA) disbars whitening procedures to be carried out before a thorough dental checkup to clean the enamel and extract the stains.
The different existing whitening methods accepted by the ADA are:
- The Zoom whitening system that requires a highly trained professional to carry out the procedure. The process involves covering the lips and gum and exposing the teeth, after which the zoom gel is applied for intervals of 3-15 minutes lasting for an hour. The gel containing hydrogen peroxide needs the zoom light for it to act on the stains. The results of the whitening can obtain up to eight shades.
- The Lumibrite chairside system uses a gel with a 35% concentration of hydrogen peroxide to get fast and effective results. Moreover, the process is gentle on teeth, and sensitivity is minimal or non-existent.
- Over the counter teeth, whitening mechanisms are cheap and readily available in stores. The kits can either have trays that are one size, whitening strips, or paint-on applicators. The method is not efficient since it selectively whitens teeth.
We, a private dental facility offer quality dental services and at a reasonable price. Off the counter, kits are affordable yet not effective. Dental checkups are necessary to obtain the best results.
We recommend brushing teeth twice a day, flossing, and regular dentist touchups that we readily offer. Consult our dentists and seek their advice on the best whitening procedures for you. Some types of stains, such as colored crowns and fillings, do not respond to whitening.
The available option to correct these defects is using veneers made from porcelain. Other whitening methods include using a pair of whitening strips covered with hydrogen peroxide that is pressed onto the teeth. For optimum results, the strips are used twice a day for around 30 minutes.
The other option is the paint-on whitening used twice a day, where the gel is applied directly onto dry teeth, which takes 30 minutes for it to dry. The coat is removed through the brushing of teeth.
Some side effects may accompany the process:
- Temporary tooth sensitivity
- It irritates soft tissues due to contact with the solution and trays that do not fit the teeth.
Advantages of Teeth Whitening
- Men who have undergone teeth whitening are more likely to be in a relationship since they become more attractive to women.
- The chances of being hired and having an increment in salary after teeth whitening are higher.